Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Flower Cupcake Bouquet

I added fake flowers as accents throughout bouquet to give it more of a real flower feel... if that makes sense.
                                           
I saw the awesome Sandra Lee ( she's so great!) on the cover of a magazine last year with an amazing cupcake flower arrangement and knew I had to replicate it. I perused several articles, blogs, magazines and so on and came to one I felt was perfectly written and explained the process simply. I varied the actual recipes for the cupcake batter and frosting a little... mainly because I prefer fresh cream to frosting and my family is the same. The thing with decorative cupcakes is its to LOOK beautiful... I am still trying to master beautiful meets tasty without all the 'make your teeth hurt sugar' but I'm not quite there yet.  The key is to have frosting that is playable but sturdy, well you know what that means! ITS GOING TO YOUR HIPS SISTER! The reason frosting is sturdy is because its pure sugar & shortening.

Anyway, I did this cupcake flower bouquet as the centerpiece for my Easter Party and everyone loved it. My niece really thought they were flowers. The link to the blog I got the information from is below.... enjoy!!!!

http://baabaacupcake.blogspot.com/2009/09/cupcake-bouquet.html

Nom. Nom. Nom.

~Laura~

1 comment:

  1. No, it's going to your fucking hips. I can't wait until some misfortune falls upon you and you end up losing everything, homeless. No lawyers to help you even when you were in the right and completely innocent. Then you end up gaining 70 lbs and afraid to leave the house, afraid to do ANYTHING. WHERE WOULD YOU BE THEN?

    HOW IS IT FAIR THAT THINGS WORK OUT THIS WAY? THAT SOMEONE LIKE YOU GETS TO SUCCEED AND OTHER MORE TALENTED AND HOPEFUL INDIVIDUALS DO NOT? THEY WORKED FUCKING HARDER. YOU ARE MADE FROM THE SCUM THAT SLICKS THE SIDES OF A PUBLIC TOILET.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews